There are seven basic requirements to be met before one can be considered for admission.
- Application for admission: All graduate applications now are completed online for the Graduate School.
- Earned master's degree: Minimum grade point average of 3.25 in the most recently completed degree program.
- Scores on the Graduate Record Examinations: To be successful in the ESRM Ph.D. program, we recommend GRE scores at or above the 48th percentile Verbal, the 65th percentile Quantitative, and the 48th percentile on Analytic Writing. Higher performance on the quantitative component of the GRE may compensate for a lower GPA in admissions decisions.
- Statement of Purpose: Describe your professional goals and research interests for graduate study and describe how the Educational Statistics and Research Methods program will help you meet these goals. You may also wish to include any relevant experiences you have had performing empirical or methodological research that will help you achieve these goals. The statement should be no more than 2-3 pages in length.
- Current professional curriculum vita or resume: This document should contain your post-high school education, relevant work and/or volunteer experience, honors received, research projects, presentations and publications.
- Letters of Recommendation: You will also need to select three individuals who are knowledgeable of your academic performance and relevant volunteer or professional work to complete a recommendation for you. These recommendations will be completed electronically as part of the online application process. You will provide contact information for your references, and the Graduate School will send them information about the online recommendation form.
- Transcripts from all post-high school academic institutions for which a degree has been conferred.
- For priority admission consideration, apply by the following deadlines:
- For Distinguished Doctoral Fellowships, Doctoral Academy Fellowships and Graduate
- Fall admissions: Jan. 10
- Spring admissions: Sept. 10
- For other admissions, please apply by April 15
- For Distinguished Doctoral Fellowships, Doctoral Academy Fellowships and Graduate Assistantships: